- Experience No Experience
- Health Care Category Other
Home Care Personal Care Associate
Home Care Services is an important component of keeping people active, healthy and happy in their homes. Our Community Support Services Team provides that key component of keeping residents as active and independent as possible. Our Personal Care Associates provide a variety of services to our residents that help them achieve their continued independence in their homes, from light housekeeping and cooking to medication reminders and nightly tuck-ins to assistance with shopping or just one on one companionship.
You do not need direct care experience to be a quality caregiver, all you have to possess is the desire to help and serve others that need that help and services. We offer a variety of benefits to our PCA’s, including:
- A Paid Time Off Accrual for our Home Care Team that provides you with some paid time away based on the hours you work.
- An environment where your residents and family members become your close friends and you are encouraged to embrace that relationship.
- Generous scholarship opportunities to help advance your career path, whatever that may look like (amount is based on the hours you work).
- Extremely flexible schedules and resident assignments that you choose based on your availability.
- The opportunity to work with a growing and dynamic Home Care Team.
The PCA is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to launch into the healthcare field, or for someone that is looking to enrich the lives of a senior through that one on one connection and daily interaction. If this is something that might interest you, please read further to see if the details interest you and apply.
Wage Range: $10.61 – $12.20 – Based on Experience
Position Summary: Provides personal care services in accordance with the policies and requirements of Home Care Services (HCS), as well as the service arrangements in the client contract and plan of care.
Basic Requirements & Experience Needed:
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Drivers License in good standing.
- Experience working in any setting of taking care of others preferred
Essential Duties of Personal Care Associates:
- Observation and maintenance of the home environment that ensures the safety and security of the client
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals, may need to assist with feeding patients.
- Housekeeping and laundry services.
- Assist patients with personal care needs such as bathing, oral care, hair care, nail care, medication reminders, incontinence care, transferring, dressing, undressing and ambulation.
- Companionship, including but not limited to social interaction, conversation, emotional support and mind stimulating activities.
- Documentation of the services provided, including the date and times; reports changes to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands of the Job:
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Possible exposure to household chemicals.
- Sits, stands, bends and moves intermittently during working hours.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with clients, family members and visitors frequently.